Manager of Data and Analytics
This position is an integral link between Research, Individual Giving, and Advancement Services which will focus on the management and analysis of patient/prospect wealth information needed to support effective fund-raising programs.
Key elements of this role include designing and creating strategic processes for coding, auditing, gathering and storing new data sets for various projects and initiatives; Proactively developing relationships with staff and departments across the institution to acquire and understand available relevant data and other analytical work; and employing Excel/Crystal Reports/Importomatic/Raiser’s Edge to extract internal and external data sets and design visual reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and implement best practices/technology in regards to all patient data requests and updates. Includes: daily patient file; direct mail acquisition mailings; returned mail/suppression/risk management lists
- Partner with Directors and other appropriate staff to identify, define, design and execute reports and other data delivery mechanisms to meet the needs and questions of leadership and development staff around prospect/grateful patient management.
- Provide analysis of prospect giving and demographic data to inform fund-raising and administrative strategies. Execute data mining, predictive modeling, and forecasting projects in alignment with known plans and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with development staff to execute cross-platform and interdepartmental projects and encourage overall data-based decision making.
- Conduct benchmarking and evaluative studies to provide insights into effectiveness of current staff activities.
- Assist in training current and new Development and related staff on understanding and interpreting reports and models.
- Bachelor’s degree or superior combination of education and experience.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Data manipulation, query, and reporting skills, including the ability to input, extract, and report on large bodies of data accurately. Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Omatic, Luminate, Data visualization tools and related products required.
- Demonstrated superior and collaborative skills among a variety of personalities is essential.
- Proven ability to prioritize and work independently, responsibly, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive verbal and visual presentations to internal and external groups and individuals.
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business units and technical teams.
- Familiarity with standard statistical practices and tools, excellent analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data and statistical models required.