Desktop Support Technician Level 2
Under general direction of the Manager of Desktop Support, this technician will be responsible for enabling end users both locally and remote to work with technology in an efficient and productive way. This includes the timely receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving end user service requests within corporate guidelines. As the front line of IT support, you must be knowledgeable in the support of end user technologies including computer hardware, enterprise software, audio-visual equipment, mobile devices, endpoint management tools, diagnostics equipment, account management and help request tracking systems.
- Act as a customer liaison for internal technology needs - communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution timely and within corporate guidelines
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner reflective of company values
- Field incoming technology requests from internal Company users via telephone, walk-up and via the service desk system
- Prioritize and schedule service requests, escalating problems timely to the appropriate technician or team manager
- Clearly document all steps taken in the resolution of a service request
Setup, maintain, and troubleshoot laptop computers, tablets, phones and accessories. Follow Company asset management guidelines.
- Install and configure software on end user hardware and within cloud services
- Setup and configure printers, scanners and other end user workgroup hardware
- Manage assigned projects from initiation to completion, including follow-up analysis
- Provide basic troubleshooting of infrastructure services including network hardware, audio-visual, and server technologies
- Administer user accounts, assigning proper security access levels as documented within Company guidelines
- Work with hardware and software vendors to ensure proper maintenance and failures/problems are resolved timely
- Ensure software updates, driver updates, and required security updates are applied to corporate managed end user devices
- Test new end user hardware and software for addition to our corporate IT standards
- Provide group training in the use of personal computer hardware, software, specialized technology, peripherals and tools that will benefit our internal users
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Design, produce, and analyze moderately complex reports
- Help with internal meetings, webinars, and company events including occasional remote events and events outside of normal business hours
EDUCATION - Required
- Have 3-5 years experiences in providing hands-on technical support in a corporate environment
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- Quest Kace experience highly preferred
- Certified Apple Technician or have extensive knowledge in the support of Apple products (OS X / iOS) in an enterprise environment preferred
- Experience in the use and support of hosted productivity applications: Remedy, Trello,, Jira, Confluence, etc
- Previous experience in the support of corporate applications
- Knowledge of security threats, tools, and proper configuration of workstations and clients to protect from security threats
- Significant knowledge and use of tools and utilities to automate, diagnose, and minimize business impact
- Exceptional written/oral communication and interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities.
HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.