Director, Conflict of Interest Compliance
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Compliance and Internal Audit, the Director, Conflict of Interest Compliance, oversees and supports HSS’ Conflict of Interest program.
- Implement and oversee HSS’ external reporting process, facilitating consistent and transparent reporting of relevant Medical Staff Conflicts of Interest to external organizations.
- Review and compare Conflict of Interest disclosures reported to HSS with those that are publicly available, working collaboratively with Medical Staff to appropriately reconcile discrepancies.
- Oversee, monitor and manage HSS’ Conflict of Interest electronic reporting system, MyDisclosures, ensuring Conflict of Interest disclosures are reported timely and accurately.
- When indicated, in accordance with HSS’ policies, develop, implement and monitor Conflict of Interest management plans.
- Monitor third-party vendor access and compliance.
- Develop, update, and apply Conflict of Interest policies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Conflict of Interest-related training.
- Work collaboratively with the HSS Innovation Institute to identify and manage potential conflicts, preserving independence and integrity in decision-making over the lifecycle of an initiative.
- Serve as an institutional subject matter expert and authoritative resource on interpretation and application of Conflict of Interest rules and regulations. Provides expertise on compliance investigations and internal audits, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, HSS’ policies, and industry best practices.
- Maintains positive, collaborative and professional relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferable in healthcare-related field; advanced degree in a scientific or legal field (MS, PhD, JD or equivalent), or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a healthcare setting; five to seven years preferred.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and policy compliance issues related to Conflict of Interest compliance.
- Experience promulgating sensitive and complex Conflict of Interest policies and achieving compliance.
- Ability to conduct complex analysis and effectively recommend appropriate mechanisms for monitoring Conflict of Interest compliance, as well as ability to devise creative solutions to manage Conflicts of Interest.
- Proficiency using advanced office software applications, including spreadsheets, databases, and data analytics/audit software.
- Proven self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven, excellent organizational skills, the ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities while focusing on details.
- Unquestionable personal and professional integrity; exudes credibility and professionalism. Proven, excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player and understands role in relationship to others.
- Ability to travel within the tri-state area.