Full Time Physician Assistant (40 hrs/week)
Dr. Sutton, Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon is seeking a Physician Assistant to join her team. Serving as an assistant to Dr. Sutton, duties will include assisting with patient evaluations, treatments, patient and family education, and first assist in the operating room. You will interact closely with patients and families and be an integral part of developing great patient and collegial relationships.
This job is located in Stamford Connecticut.
- Perform complete and accurate history and physical exams.
- Serve as 1st/2nd assistant to surgeon in operating room.
- Conduct outpatient evaluation, treatment and follow-up of surgical patients as directed by the supervising physician.
- Provide post-operative and discharge education to patients and family members with regards to safety issues when applicable (e.g., medication, post-operative precautions, use of equipment, etc.).
- Communicate effectively and appropriately when educating patient/family with regard to their medical condition and/or hospital course.
- Document progress patient has made toward desired outcomes.
- Utilize the computerized order communication system, including transcription of medical orders, retrieval of test results and documentation of results.
- Maintain clear and legible history and physical documentation and all other written reports.
- Work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Promote cooperation through teamwork.
Graduation from an accredited PA program, current CT licensure, BLS/ACLS certification and NCCPA board certification are required.
Also, the candidate must have current Infection Control Certification and have completed a child abuse recognition course. The PA must have excellent communication skills and be a team player. It is essential that the candidate possess strong clinical skills.