Per Diem Weekend PCA Program for BSNStudents
Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will assist staff nurses in providing comprehensive attention to patients and families, while working in an environment that commands clinical excellence every day. Your duties will include providing input for patient care plans, reviewing patient status, and assisting in obtaining patient data. Other responsibilities will entail monitoring changes in patient conditions, supporting admission and discharge processes, and making patients and families feel at home.
- The qualified candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent and be enrolled in an accredited BSN program.
- Must have at least two acute care clinical rotations completed by program start date (January 7th, 2018), one of which must be med/surg ; please ensure your clinical rotations are included on your resume. Resumes without this experience will automatically not be considered.
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 3 weekend shifts a month throughout the year and be flexible to days/evenings/overnight shifts. Candidates may work more than the required 3 shifts a month.
- Be able to commit to full day orientation schedule of January 7th thru January 11th, attend EPIC training on January 15th and provide an additional 4-6 clinical shifts between the week of January 15th and 21st
- Superior communication and customer service skills required as well as proficiency in data management as it relates to entering and retrieving patient information within the Epic application software.
- A Valid American Heart Association BLS card.
- Please be advised that those applying who will graduate in May 2019 will not be considered for this program. Please review our vacancies for our New Grad Nurse Residency Program.