Administrative Nursing Coordinator
As an integral member of our Magnet Nursing team, your focus will be - the delivery of the world's best patient care! The Administrative Nursing Coordinator will provide the clinical and management support to nursing staff, focus on the development of leadership and preceptor staff, and facilitate the continuity of patient care and liaise with hospital administration.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of patient outcomes per clinical indicators established within practice pattern for purposes of QA/PI.
- Coordinate and integrate services in and outside the Department of Nursing.
- Work collaboratively with Patient Care Directors and other nursing management of designated units in providing for appropriate, cost-effective staffing.
- Review, coordinate and execute department staffing needs in a timely manner.
- Coordinate services with other departments in the appropriate placement of patients, their therapeutic regimen, and provision of service to their families.
- Assess clinical practice and identifies learning needs of staff.
- Assure integration of new staff by continually assessing time management, team building, and learning needs.
- Act as a clinical resource for immediate assistance and problem solving.
- Promote employee engagement and collegiality
- Deliver outstanding customer service and safe patient outcomes
- Establish/enhance processes & procedures to optimize patient care
- Utilize analytics to benchmark process improvement and quality outcomes
- An understanding of Magnet Nursing principles and the ability to operationalize them
- Maintain cultural and diversity appreciation when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- BSN Required from an accredited school of nursing, Masters in Nursing Preferred
- 5 years in nursing with applicable clinical leadership or management experience
- Current NY State registration, license required
- Board certificated in an area of expertise required
- BLS card required
- Strong patient centered approach with a strong emphasis on providing exemplary, world-class customer service
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment.