The Service Excellence Patient Liaison is responsible for all duties of the Atrium desk operations and is an integral member of the service excellence team with joint responsibility for maintaining a supportive, informative, and comfortable environment for patients, their families, and loved ones. The Liaison will work in close collaboration with other patient liaisons and the interdisciplinary administrative and clinical teams to jointly identify, develop, and implement current service objectives and improvement efforts in line with HSS strategic goals and initiatives.
Patient Liaison will focus on patients and families: facilitating communication between family/friends, patients, physicians, nurses, or other hospital personnel; monitoring patients’ progress from the Atrium to Holding and from the operating room through the recovery room; and provide non-medical information and assistance to waiting families. Patient Liaison will oversee the rounding process in the 4th floor Family Atrium and act as a focal point for gathering and disseminating information to directly support service improvement efforts and reach service improvement goals. This includes administering and reviewing internal measures of patient experience and satisfaction. Essential duties include:
- Create a welcoming environment for patients and visitors in the waiting area.
- Partner with the interdisciplinary team to enhance the patient and family experience through enhanced service and amenities.
- Evaluate needs, concerns and problems of patients/families
- Keep documentation on family's and visitors' complaints and concerns about care and services in the 9th floor Family Atrium
- Identify resources needed to manage current and future family/patient volume
- Coordinate service recovery efforts in coordination with service excellence staff, nursing staff and patient advocates and manage PACU visits
- Provide assistance and comfort to patients’ families as necessary.
- Collaborate with nursing staff to identify patients who may need immediate assistance.
- Assist patients and families during transition to in-patient or other surgical floors
- Coordinate the on-boarding process and daily functions of the 4thfloor volunteers including mentoring and training
- Ensure 4th floor Atrium coverage at all times, creating and maintaining a schedule for back-up support
- Any other administrative task related to the operations of the Atrium
Communicate with patients, families, hospital staff, physicians, and volunteers.
A Bachelor’s degree required (e.g., BA, BS, BSN, BSW). Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commitment to patient and family centered care in hospital setting.
- Experience in people-oriented work or activities with a dedication to providing the best possible experience for patients and families.
- Sensitivity and empathy to patients’ unique set of circumstances.
- Outstanding communication skills- including listening, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities with the ability to accomplish a wide variety of tasks independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrate competency and compliance with policies and procedures concerning infection control, safety, and HIPAA.
- Team player who can work collaboratively.
- Facility with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to mentor and supervise interns and volunteers.
Requires the person to circulate around the waiting area as well as PACU and Holding