EpicCare Inpatient Senior Application Analyst
Number required: 1
Training Required. Certification Required. Degree Required.
Hospital for Special Surgery has an opportunity for an experienced IT professional to collaborate on all aspects of the Epic Systems Inpatient (Clinical Documentation focus) and related modules as well as complimentary software. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the Inpatient Analyst will attain specialized knowledge of enterprise Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software and serve as a vital liaison between the HSS IT Department, hospital departments, physician's offices and Epic and other vendor representatives.
**This position requires the flexibility to cover in an on call rotation and to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of assigned Epic System and other software including but not limited to RL Occurrence reporting, CBORD, Capsule, Masimo, etc.
- Conduct regular day-to-day communication, review the software, demonstrate a deeper understanding of business operations, and works with Epic, other software vendors, HSS Operational Representatives/Subject Matter Experts, and end users to tailor the systems to fit the organization’s needs while maintaining data integrity.
- Performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues
- Responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic and other applications; and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization’s Core Values and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization’ Service Standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Work with Application Managers/Directors/etc., to collect, analyze and document business operations and workflow. Ensure testing appropriately reflects current workflows.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner with accurate documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with vendors and other teams.
- Troubleshoot problems and address questions from users, and provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Review and test changes, enhancements, and each new release as assigned.
- With support, create, review, and update test scripts to reflect proposed workflow solutions.
- Analyze any data conversion needs.
- Support the training team by keeping trainers abreast of new functionality and system changes. Perform application training functions, as assigned
- Communicate effectively across all impacted teams associated with task assignments and users with project/product information impacting them.
- Analyze new functionality in new releases to identify impact.
- Develop an understanding of interface requirements and testing.
- Provide assigned off and on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades as assigned.
- Assist with all quality assurance processes, including change management and testing efforts.
- Actively participate and contribute in meetings as assigned.
- Participate in disaster recovery measures and development of processes as needed.
- Create reports and extracts, as necessary.
- Remain current on Epic technologies and obtain certification in Epic applications as warranted
- Epic Inpatient ClinDoc Required
- Epic Inpatient Orders certification strongly desired
- Reporting Workbench Reporting experience strongly desired
- Rover and ICU Monitor experience preferred.
- Strong desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Relevant experience and BA/BS Degree required
- Advanced degree or clinical certification preferred
- Effective oral, written communication and follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and best practices
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Proactive and adept at learning processes and applications
- Resourceful and able to apply knowledge to projects and create efficiencies to meet project deadlines
- Able to work independently while keeping teammates abreast of milestones and issues
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements
- Possess a commitment to quality improvement and high end user satisfaction