HOME CARE COORDINATOR
- Facilitates home care placements for patients.
- Identifies agencies that are in-network with the patient’s insurance and provide services within the patient’s geographic area.
- Compiles medical record documentation needed for the referral.
- Sends/forwards documentation to agencies.
- Ensures that all regulatory documentation is forwarded to the accepting agency prior to the start of care.
- Follows-up with agencies regarding acceptance on service.
- Confirms start of care date with agency.
- Documents accepting agency name, number and start of care date in EMR.
- Communicates with inpatient case management staff regarding issues/concerns affecting timely home care placement.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Microsoft office experience preferred.
- Epic and Allscripts Care Management experience preferred.
- Experience in home care placements and/or home care intake highly desirable.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed