OR Inventory and Distribution
In this role you will be responsible for assisting the department director with the general management of the OR Inventory and Distribution Department. The Assistant Director will oversee the OR implant ordering, receiving and inventory management functions.
- Effectively manages consigned and owned implant inventory.
- Manages the implant ordering and receiving process.
- Utilizes information from Lawson and QSight information systems to refine inventory levels.
- Ensures accuracy of inventory information and item master data maintained in QSight and Lawson systems.
- Provides direction and support to Implant Room staff.
- Works closely with implant suppliers to ensure that required implants are available.
- Manages implant backorders and effectively communicates availability information to clinical staff.
- Coordinates loaner implant availability based upon operative schedule and stock on hand.
- Tracks and reports departmental performance metrics as required.
- Promotes superior customer service and employee engagement.
- Promotes a supportive and team-oriented work environment.
- Supports departmental operations consistent with the mission, vision and values of the hospital.
Broad understanding and knowledge of:
- Orthopedic implants and supplies
- Supply and implant inventory management practices
- Orthopedic procedures
- Operating room policies and procedures
Education / Licensure
- Bachelors Healthcare Applied Sciences preferred
- Masters Business Administration preferred
- RN or PA licensure preferred
- 5 years in a related field. 3 years management experience
- 5 years progressive management experience in a hospital surgery setting
- Infor Lawson and QSight software applications