Financial Assistance/ Insurance Advisory Associate
Reporting – Reports to the Director, Insurance Advisory/Financial Assistance
Primary Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Evaluate prospective and current patients of HSS in regards to their eligibility for financial assistance in compliance with state, federal, and institutional policies governing financial assistance and Charity Care.
- Reassess packages based on patient appeals/revised data to determine any impact on patients eligibility.
- Advise applicants on Financial Assistance/ Charity Care application process, Hospital policies and procedures, and assist them with resolving problems including serving as their liaison to other Hospital offices
- Assesses uninsured patients and related resources to maximize reimbursement to hospital by obtaining third party coverage or recommending charity consideration. Assists patients in resolving issues relevant to their accounts.
- Track and maintain patient records
Secondary Responsibility (include but not limited to)
- Assist and coordinate with the HSS Insurance Advisory Service
- Field phone calls from current and prospective patients regarding insurance questions, out-of-pockets costs and other related issues
- Verify benefits via insurance companies’ on-line verification tools and phone
- Respond to patient emails as necessary
- Maintain Access database to track patient calls and emails
- Keep up-to-date on industry benefit plan changes and regulatory changes
- Provide cost estimates for out-of-network and international center patients
- Assist manager with benefits investigation for calls originating in administration
- Assist manager with monthly, quarterly, annual tracking of statistics