As an integral member of perioperative team, the successful Unit Assistant candidate provides assistance with transportation of patients, operating room turnover, delivery of equipment, and related items. Unit Assistants provide key support to the perioperative service.
- Provides support to the multidisciplinary health care team to maintain and promote the standards of care and safety.
- Provides assistance with transportation of patients, room turnover, equipment
- Has knowledge of operating room set-ups for various surgical procedures
- Maintains supplies at all times
- Recognizes when equipment needs repair and follows up with appropriate personnel or department
- Maintains a hazard-free environment by disposing of filled linen hampers and medical waste appropriately
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital