Full Time Care Coordinator
Musculoskeletal Access Center
The Care Coordinator for the Musculoskeletal Access Center will coordinate, monitor, and evaluate patients’ needs as they receive treatment for acute or chronic back pain. This individual will need to apply clinical expertise and knowledge of case management to ensure that patients are adhering to their care plans and by providing appropriate referrals as needed. Collaboration will be required with interdisciplinary care teams, including but not limited to triage nurse practitioners, physical therapists, various physicians, chiropractors, employer programs and health benefits companies, to facilitate and coordinate patient-specific, evidence-based care. Over time, the Care Coordinator may follow patients seen for other conditions in the Musculoskeletal Access Center (e.g., knee, hip).
- Serve as a resource for patients as they receive treatment during their care episode
- Place patient calls to assess progress and identify modifications to care plans
- Educate patients and encourage adherence to their plans of care
- Collaborate to develop care plans with triage NP and physical therapists to ensure patients are referred to the right provider and that high-risk patients are identified and appropriately managed
Clinical Team Coordination
- Develop relationships with various HSS clinical teams – This includes physical therapy, HSS Network physical therapy sites, Physiatry, Spine, Pain Management, and Neurology departments
- Gather and evaluate information from a variety of clinical teams to determine patient progress and next steps
- Coordinate interdisciplinary teams to ensure patients get the best care
- Manage clinical information for each patient to ensure their care is appropriate coordinated and documented for reporting
- Collaborate with the Ambassador Services team to ensure the timely scheduling of physical therapy and physician appointments for patients who need follow-up care
- Provide insight into the care management process and work with administration to ensure patients can receive the care they need in a timely manner
Metrics and Reporting of KPI’s
- Oversight of data tracking in order to report on key productivity indicators.
- Knowledge and ability to aggregate key metrics in building upon our value proposition.
- Analysis of data in order to continue to grow the business model in a scalable manner.
- Current NY State professional physical therapy or RN license and/or registration
- 2+ years of experience in managing patients with low back pain.
- Ability to prioritize issues, resolve conflicts and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Experience working with and motivating patients to achieve personal care goals
- Team oriented and energized by serving as a major contributor to scaling care management offerings for ambulatory patients at HSS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Must possess ability to learn new software tools & systems as required on the job
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and pragmatic; Energized by working in a fast-paced, evolving environment