We are seeking a Senior Accountant reporting to Director of Financial Accounting and the Assistant Director of tax to provide our world-renowned healthcare team with comprehensive financial support.
In this role your scope of responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Preparation of month end financial schedules and reconciliations
- Various account analyses associated with month-end financial statement close and year-end audit
Preparation of the Hospital and its affiliated entities annual tax-exempt returns (i.e.: Form 990, 990-T); and other tax forms.
Act as liaison and facilitate communication and information gathering with other Hospital departments
- Perform special projects as needed
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting or tax experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities. Advanced Excel skills utilizing V-lookup and pivot tables a plus.
- Must be able to interact with other departments and associates and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- Experience with automated General Ledger systems. Lawson experience a plus.
- Experience with tax software a plus.