The Patient Services Coordinator plays a significant role in the referral and appointment process of new HSS international patients. The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) will work closely with relevant IC staff to coordinate requests for appointments as well as support the patient relationship managers during the initial appointment confirmation process. The PSC facilitates the information flow between patients, physician offices and InternationalCenter staff. This position reports to the Office Manager, International Center.
- Collaborates with the Patient Relationship Managers and physician offices to manage the initial referral, appointment scheduling and confirmation process for International Center patients. Secure and schedule appointments and any necessary diagnostic studies for new incoming patients
- Manages telephone inquiries to the Center, provides information about the services available, and supports staff in the appointment process.
- Requests embassy LOG’s for all initial appointments for embassy patients and as needed for subsequent appointments. Sends written confirmation of appointments to all patients.
- Requests interpreters for patients as needed and confirms with Language Services that an interpreter will be present for requested appointment.
- Acts as central point of information and orientation of InternationalCenter policies and procedures to both patients requesting appointments as well as physician offices and related staff.
- Documents actions on behalf of patient in IC database (appointment information, including cancellations, changes and demographics, etc).
- Interfaces with physician offices and hospital departments to obtain/transmit patient information. At patient’s request, obtains copy of medical records.
- Upholds professional standards of HSS and the InternationalCenter by following proper telephone techniques and email etiquette, and adherence to departmental dress code guidelines.
- Meets with patients as needed to answer their logistical questions if patient services staff is unavailable.
- Generates correspondence and related material as requested.
- Performs all other duties as required/requested.
- Two to four years of experience working in a medical office environment or customer service position
- Must be fluent in Spanish or Arabic
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access database use
- Experience with Epic
- Ability to work independently within the framework of a small team environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task