This position will work with a multidisciplinary team to support a safe discharge plan, using the psychosocial assessment to identify appropriate discharge needs. This position supports the hospital mission and all policy and Joint Commission standards.
- Facilitates discharges scheduled for the weekend; which includes verification of plan with multidisciplinary team.
- Collaborates and maintains active communication with physicians, nursing and other members of the interdisciplinary team to effect timely, appropriate discharge planning.
- Identifies and implements safe and appropriate discharge planning interventions
- Proactively identifies and resolves delays and obstacles to discharge
- LMSW, LCSW or RN
- 2-3 years’ discharge planning experience; orthopedics preferred
Previous experience in Healthcare/Medical setting as a Social Worker or RN Case Manager, with a strong discharge planning background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency standards: good oral and written communication ability. Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects independently.
- Good organizational skills.