RN OR Coordinator
Located on the West Side of Manhattan, HSS is developing a brand new comprehensive Center that offers physician office visits for medical diagnosis and pre- and post-operative care; radiology services, including digital x-ray and MRI; an ambulatory surgical center (ASC), and PT / Sports Performance. This will be the first one-stop-shop facility of its kind at HSS that contains all of these musculoskeletal services in a single, convenient, location.
To facilitate and coordinate the daily Operating Room schedule and staffing assignments, delegate responsibility for equipment and instrumentation for efficient case turnover, assure the readiness of the operating rooms for the next day's surgeries, the development of leadership and preceptor staff and to be responsible for the adherence of clinical standards and procedures for safe patient care.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams to maintain the standards of professional nursing practices in a clinical setting
- Provide leadership for all RN’s, PCA’s, and Registrars, including the scheduling of staff in order to provide adequate Nurse to Patient Ratio’s.
- Responsible for the communication between the Holding area, OR’s, and Family Atrium in order to provide the most up to date information with regard to surgeries.
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing required
- 3-5 years of OR Experience rather than PACU, Pre/Post, etc.
- NYS RN license and registration required
- BLS,ACLS, PALS certification required
- HCAHPS/EPIC knowledge preferred
- Your scope of duties will include operating room clinical competence, incorporating physical and emotional assessments, age specific competency, critical thinking skills, and educating patients and their family members regarding their plan of care and clinical pathway.
- Strong patient centered approach with emphasis on providing exemplary and world-class customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Active participant in seeking solutions to problems