EpicCare Ambulatory Analyst
The Application Analyst is responsible for expert knowledge of assigned Epic System software. He/she conducts regular day-to-day communication, reviews the software, demonstrates a strategic understanding of business operations, and works with Epic, the Project Team(s), HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts, and end users to tailor the system to fit the organization’s needs. The Application Analyst routinely performs expert analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of Epic software; is responsible for guiding the development and documentation of the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications; and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions.
The Analyst builds and maintains strategic and tactical relationships with stakeholders and uses critical thinking skills to provide systems solutions to meet business needs. She/he manages his or her own time to accomplish tasks with minimal oversight, and serves as a mentor to others on the team. The Analyst conducts project management activities as required by the project, oversees applications sub-workstreams or projects, and executes projects and deliverables with minimal oversight.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
- Coordinate and communicate with key physician office billing management and SMEs, including managers, and representatives from other business entities
- Routinely perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other build, design and configuration issues associated with Epic use
- Develop product content (build all necessary codes/databases/rules/functions) for each implementation
- Prioritize and implement system change requests; coordinate software updates and changes with end users
- Ensure test scripts are created, reviewed and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions
- Collaborate effectively with Epic personnel using Sherlock or other appropriate tools
- Develop relationships, trust, and credibility to successfully manage multiple demands; maintain daily communications with Epic users
- Review software, analyze business operations and collaborate with colleagues, HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts and end users to ensure systems are suitable for the organization’s and physician’s practice needs
- Assume responsibility for developing and documenting internal procedures used in conjunction with Epic applications; play an integral role in supporting the HSS MD Adoption and Engagement Strategy (i.e., train, support and optimize clinical, financial & practice management solutions)
- Thoroughly review and test each new release and enhancement; perform system configuration and database setup according to practice/software requirements
- Provide on-site support during go-live and system upgrade scenarios; provide on-call support on a rotating basis
- Assist with all Quality Assurance processes including change management and testing efforts; participate in disaster recovery measures
- Participate in user meetings, in-services and internal team meetings; Provide subject-matter-expert knowledge transfer to colleagues
- Remain current on Epic technologies and obtain certification in Epic applications as warranted
- Certified in EpicCare Ambulatory
- Process design experience
- Workflow analysis and design experience
- Very good oral, written communication and follow-up skills.
- Very good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver.
- Considerable process design experience.
- Strong project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project plan).
- Requires 3+ yearsof experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- 3+ yearsof IT implementation and/or support experience.
- Participation in at least one full implementation lifecycle.
- Certified in Bones, MyChart, Welcome, Care Everywhere, SmartForms and/or EpicCare Link
- At least one year of Epic experience.
- Healthcare experience desirable.
- Proficient with SmartForms and SmartData Elements
- Proficient with Reporting Workbench
- Experience building questionnaires
- Experience building patient registries and metrics
- Experience building best practice advisories
- Experience with problem list database updates and/or medication database updates
- Experience working with Surescripts and prescribing of controlled substances / 2-factor authentication
- Experience working with Dragon Medical Network Edition or Dragon Medical One
- Project Management Professional, or like experience.
- Advanced degree or clinical certification.
- Very good SharePoint usage.
Qualified candidates who desire to be part of a world-class team protecting and building upon our legacy of excellence are encouraged to apply now!
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities. HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.