The Ambassador Services department is wholly dedicated to providing outstanding service to a patient set that requires a higher level of accommodative care. Together and with input from internal partners, the team will strive to continuously improve the patient experience for all patients, through innovative thinking and best-practices implementation.
The Coordinator will oversee the delivery of a comprehensive patient accommodative experience from initial point of contact through discharge and follow-up. The Coordinator will be part of a team dedicated to the excellence of the patient accommodative experience and will report to the Manager of Ambassador Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the accommodative patient experience for Ambassador Service’s patients and our corporate partners, this includes appointment logistics, private room readiness and assignments, and special requests.
- Expertise in local area lodging, transportation and restaurants in order to better serve our traveling patients.
- Patient navigating to and from doctor consultations, hospital appointments, and surgical days as well as orientation of HSS to patients and their family members.
- Manage private room requests for private amenities unit; 11 North.
- Manages the physician appointment process according to patient needs (a specific physician vs non-specific physician requests). Ensures that all appointments are coordinated in a timely manner. Uses discretion in selecting the appropriate physician(s) based on information provided by the patient and/or his/her referring physician.
- Responsible for maintaining a complete and up-to-date electronic record of all information related to the patient’s services in our Docent Health system. This includes updating their profile, referral source(s), tracking clinical events, adding appropriate activities and maintaining detailed notes throughout the patient’s experience so that any member of the Ambassador Services team can provide information as needed on a case.
- Investigates, advocates and records patient concern/complaints. Exercises appropriate judgment in solving these concerns by interacting with appropriate hospital personnel. Shares patient feedback with the Manager and when possible, handles immediately and/or undertakes appropriate follow-up action. Real time service recovery.
- Will be required to work a highly flexible schedule, including early mornings (as early as 5:00 a.m.) and late evenings (as late as 10:00 p.m.)
- Provides individualized tours of the Hospital campus for HSS leadership as well as corporate partnership prospects and healthcare executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 2-3 years’ experience in a patient services environment or customer service setting.
- Excellent time-management and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication skills with an emphasis on body language interpretation.
- Pleasant and amicable character with the ability to develop relationships with every patient type and have a keen sense of emotional intelligence.
- Utmost respect for patient privacy and confidentiality. The successful candidate will comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations as well as adhere to HSS’s policies and procedures.
- This role does not work in a standard office environment. Patient Liaisons are frequently out of the office providing highly personalized assistance to patients, such as accompanying them to appointments or visiting those who have been admitted. They are available 24/7 via telephone after office hours or by providing their contact information directly to the patient as the case may warrant.
- May be required to work on weekends, and after-normal business hours.