Hospital for Special Surgery
Department of Anesthesiology
Medical Secretary, Dr Griffin (Casual)
Reports to: Pain Management Physician, Office Manager, Administrator of Outpatient Pain Services
- Provides administrative office assistance to pain management physician and office manager as directed, including: answering phones; scheduling patient appointments; pre-certifying patients, securing insurance authorizations; ordering tests as directed by physician; scheduling patient procedures
- Other related duties as designated by MD and/or office manager.
- Displays a positive attitude toward work assignments, performance feedback, and interactions with co- workers, patients, families, and visitors.
- Willingly adheres to Department and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains computer literacy, including proficiency in Outlook email and E-learning.
- Attends Department meetings regularly and punctually.
- High school diploma required, Associates degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year hospital or medical office experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)