Financial Analyst position is responsible for supporting Research post-award decision making by assisting in analysis of grant expenditures, budget forecasting, core facility billing, and managing daily operations.
- Assists in preparation and variance analysis of individual investigator financial reports
- Maintains Research GHX accounts and trains users. Sets up GHX purchasing matrix, ensures funds available and approves requisitions. Interacts with Materials Management and follows-up on status of orders as needed.
- Assists in preparation of quarterly and ad hoc Research P&L reports.
- Creates Lawson Grants Management accounts.
- Reviews monthly Core activities and invoices users, both internal and external.
- Processes check requests and petty cash vouchers.
- Interacts with Accounts Payable to check status of invoicing and expedites check requests as needed.
- Maintains database of Research job requisitions and status.
- Maintains schedule of subcontracts and prepares POs, and maintains database of invoices.
- Serves as gatekeeper for Post-Award staff interacting with Research customers to address their concerns.
- BS in Finance required
- 3+ years of previous Financial Analysis experience
- Advanced Excel skills. Ability to use Excel to perform advanced functions.
- Very detailed oriented in working with numbers
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required