The Graphic Design and Communications Associate is a key member of a dynamic fundraising team for the nation’s #1 orthopedic hospital. Reporting to the Director of Stewardship and Donor Communications, the associate will design and implement strategic development communications including institutional advancement cases for support, stewardship reports, and other messaging and promotion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate in the creation and production of all department-wide donor communications, including campaign materials, proposals, donor presentations and reports, and mass communications, including e-communications. Work closely with communications and fundraising partners.
- Develop and update existing collateral, maintaining a consistent aesthetic.
- Work closely with HSS Marketing and Communications/ Brand Management team to deliver innovative designs that are consistent with the brand and organization’s mission.
- Assist in establishing overall marketing strategies and priorities in partnership with marketing team and the other in-house departments.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for Board committee meetings.
- Gain understanding of the Department’s goals and vision, and how they relate to the overall organization and mission of HSS.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) as well as HTML and WordPress
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience is required. Fundraising experience a plus.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Well organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Creative, flexible and resourceful. Exercises exceptional judgment.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to easily learn other software and database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; unquestionable personal integrity; and diplomatic and discreet.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, verbal communication and project management skills.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment and cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A highly confident and dedicated individual, with the necessary drive and energy to respond to the demands of a high-performing fundraising office and world-renowned medical institution.