The GRC Manager, Cyber Security & Risk Management is responsible for managing the “Governance, Risk and Compliance” unit within the Cyber Security & Risk Management (CSRM) department. The candidate will ensure security and compliance for the public and private cloud, provide oversight, and direction to ensure cyber risk and audit findings are managed and communicated. In addition, this individual will develop, manage and enhance Business Continuity Planning, Identity and Access Management program and security awareness programs that are aligned with HSS and department objectives, HIPAA, NIST and organization’s risk profile.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the opportunities and challenges facing business, mission, IT, and operational groups. Adjust security strategies, policies, and architecture to optimally balance institutional risk with business and mission objectives. Design and implement mechanisms to monitor adherence to strategies and policies and take corrective action as needed.
- Act as a SME for end to end management of findings for information security assessments for vendors, applications and biomedical devices, NIST Cyber Security Framework, HIPAA, Joint Commission, Meaningful use audits and penetration/vulnerability assessment findings.
- Maintain a formal risk register which drives security governance and ensures security funding is aligned with business objectives.
- Develop Key Risk Indicators which highlight top cyber risks for the organization to executive management and the board and Key Performance Indicators that demonstrate success of the security program along with its alignment to NIST and industry best practices.
- Work collaboratively with the other Directors, CMIO, CIO, Service Line Leads, Steering Committees and other key partners to develop a program strategy that meets the security, identity management, and business continuity needs of a cloud focused, highly complex and dynamic medical environment. Lead the development of public cloud (AWS/O365/Azure) security framework, identity management and business continuity projects, practices, and designs. Research and develop all aspects of cloud security, business continuity and identity management engineering and architecture.
- Develop and enhance a formal next generation security education and awareness program that delivers role based security education, is based on gamification concepts and leads to measurable improvement in building a risk aware culture at all levels Create and deliver information security concepts in simple and engaging manner through newsletters, social media, blogs, video, new employee orientation, townhalls and in person.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) and other IT teams to define security, requirements, track issues and concerns, provide solutions, communicate identified vulnerabilities, and identify exceptions to policy. Ensure that PMO policies, procedures, forms, and workflows include appropriate security components so that projects incorporate appropriate risk-management and mitigation techniques and tasks.